Winter is right around the corner, and you may be wondering how to make your home more energy-efficient. A good place to start is with your furnace.
A new energy-efficient furnace will ensure that you and your family stay warm this winter and this will also help keep your energy bills lower during those cold months. An added bonus, it will even help the environment by using less energy and emitting fewer pollutants.
What makes a Furnace Energy-Efficient?
A furnace’s efficiency is measured by its AFUE rating, which stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. This number represents the percentage of heat produced by your furnace that actually gets transferred into your home. A higher AFUE rating means more fuel is being used efficiently and less fuel is wasted.
You’ll also want to verify it is certified by the EPA’s Energy Star program. This program tests products for efficiency and gives them ratings based on how much energy they use compared with similar products on the market. The Energy Star label means that the product is more energy-efficient and uses less energy than average — giving you significant savings over time.
Sign it’s Time to Replace Your Furnace
How do you know when it’s time to replace your furnace? The answer is simple. You need to know what the signs are.
- Frequent repairs
- Poor efficiency
- Malfunctioning components
- Furnace Leaks Oil
- The furnace Runs On and Off Frequently
- Furnace Makes Strange Noises
- The blower is running but no air is coming out of the registers
- The furnace consistently cycles on and off and blows cold air
- There’s a bad smell coming from the furnace
Will a repair do? Or is it time to upgrade to an energy-efficient furnace?
When it’s time to decide if you should be repairing or upgrading to an energy-efficient furnace you may be unsure which is the best choice.
Don’t worry, that’s what we are here for!
We can help you determine the best course of action for your home and if it’s an upgrade you need we can recommend the perfect system that is best for your home and will schedule to install it right away!
We offer a wide range of services for all types of furnaces, including:
- Furnace Repair
What To Look For In A New Furnace
When you’re in the market for a new furnace, there are a few things to consider.
- The first thing is the brand: There are many different brands out there, but there are some that tend to be more reliable than others. When you buy from a trusted brand, you know that they have been around for years and have worked hard to become as reputable as they are.
- The second thing is lifespan: How long can this furnace run before it needs to be replaced? Most furnaces last about 15 years or so with proper care, but if yours has been running for longer than that, then it may be time for an upgrade.
- The third thing is the warranty: Most furnaces come with a one-year warranty, but some may offer up to five years depending on the brand and model that you choose. Some companies will even offer additional benefits like replacing parts that commonly fail and covering the replacement costs.
North Star Heating & Air Conditioning in Sandy, Utah Can Help!
When it comes to heating your home or business, you want a system that is reliable and performs well. At North Star Heating & Air Conditioning in Sandy, UT., our team of professionals has the experience necessary to install the right system for your home. Furnaces, heat pumps, oil furnaces, gas furnaces, electric furnaces, and boilers are no challenge for our team!
Call us today at (801) 285-9282 and let’s discuss the best option for your home’s energy-efficient furnace installation.