Air Conditioning Repair vs. Replace
Among the most popular question asked to our crew is whether a customer should continue with repairs and maintenance for their system or purchase a replacement. The reality is, if you replace your system, you still need to routinely maintain and keep up with repairs. Generally, air conditioning can work for well over a decade with proper maintenance. This is why it is essential to keep up with it long after installation. You want to prevent needing a new ac replacement before it’s time. Replacing your air conditioner could likely be one of the largest investments you’ll make as a property owner. Because of this, you’ll want to make certain you are doing everything you can to extend the life of the unit. Depending on the age of the ac, the kind of refrigerant used, and its energy-effective rating, there are a lot of variables to think about.
When Is It Time To Replace Your Central Air Conditioner?
With adequate maintenance, an ac system will normally last about fifteen years. After that, the unit will wind up being less effective, both because of wear and tear and because the technology becomes outdated. Some systems start with a shorter lifespan, closer to ten years. If the system is used heavily on a daily basis, is not the appropriate size for your home or business, or was installed incorrectly, that too can cause the need for ac replacement. Another thing to consider is repair and maintenance. If your system has not had standard service or has been repaired continuously, that can shorten the working years down closer to five. Ultimately when it is time for ac replacement will be different for every situation and heavily depend on how well the unit was maintained over the years.
Available Air Conditioning Options
- Split systems and bundle ACs are your standard central air conditioners.
- Ductless mini-splits are best for cooling houses without ductwork.
- Portable, window, and wall units are created to cool one room in your home.
- Evaporative coolers, also referred to as swamp coolers, eliminate heat using evaporation and work most successfully in dry climates.
When you’ve decided on a unit, we’re here and ready to help you install it! If your home requires new ductwork to accommodate your new air conditioning system, North Star Heating & Air Conditioning can do that too! We’ll install your new ac, make certain your ductwork is effectively providing cooled air, and ensure the entire system is up to your standards. And last but not least, we can come back to your home for routine maintenance to keep your system running like new for years to come.
The Benefits of an Energy-Efficient Rated Air Conditioner
At North Star Heating & Air Conditioning we offer many energy-efficient options and suggestions that will save you energy costs, even on humid days in North America. When you compare our excellent financing programs and the probability of yearly savings, a brand-new energy-efficient cooling system might be more affordable than you think.
Tax Credits and Rebates For Your HVAC System
Lots of people do not know this, but, the local power companies and the federal government have rewards that help improve the quality of your air conditioning system. There is a $1,500 Federal tax credit for an ac replacement. Find out more about other tax credits and refunds available in your area.
Regardless of which type of AC you choose, you should still consider its energy efficiency, and here’s why:
- Energy savings: An AC is usually responsible for over 50% of summer energy bills An upgrade to a more energy-efficient model will lower your cooling bills by as much as 30%!
- A more comfortable home: Not only will an energy-efficient unit cut your energy bills, but it will also keep your home more comfortable. Did you know that energy-saving features such as a variable-speed blower motor or scroll compressors that are more efficient also work to cool the area off quicker? This will give you far more comfort on those hot summer days.
- Being environmentally friendly: Lowering energy consumption is not only good for your budget, but it also helps keep the environment clean by reducing emissions.
New air conditioners need to have a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) score of 13 or higher. Your out-of-date system could be substantially less efficient than this. The good news is this implies great cost savings await you as soon as you replace it. New designs likewise have R-410A refrigerant, a more environmentally-friendly option to R-22 refrigerant or “Freon.”.
New AC Installation
Fall is the best time to consider an ac replacement. It is also the best time to purchase one. Spring and fall have the mildest temperatures, therefore, the demand for air conditioning units is lower. This is especially true in the months of September thru November when there is a higher need for heat use. It is a great time for ac replacement because, without extraordinary temperatures, it is easier to schedule your installation.
AC replacement is not a Do It Yourself job. Attempting to install an a/c system on your own can wind up costing you way more than it might have saved you. Have your air conditioning installation done by a licensed professionals.
We’re happy to answer all of your questions and offer a free quote when replacing your existing system.
North Star Heating & Air Conditioning
- AC Repair Sandy, Utah
- Air Conditioning Maintenance Service In Sandy, Utah
- Air Conditioning Installation In Sandy, Utah
- AC Installation
- HVAC Sandy, UT
- Ductless Mini Split Sandy, UT
- Ductless Minisplit
Areas We Serve
- White Sands
Things To Do In Sandy
- America First Field 9256 S State St 84070
- Sandy Ampitheater 1245 East 9400 South 84094
- Sandy City Museum 10000 Centennial S Pkwy 84070
- Hidden Valley Country Club 11820 Highland Dr 84092
- Rocky Mouth Trail Head 11248 Wasatch Blvd 84092
Highways Serving Sandy
- Highway 89
- Highway 175
Colleges Serving Sandy
- Keller Graduate School Of Management 9350 150 E #420, 84070
Parks In Sandy
- Dimple Dell Regional Park 10600 S 1300 E 84092
- Hidden Valley Park 2860 Wasatch Blvd 84092
- Flat Iron Mesa Park 1765 E 8600 S 84093
- Bell Canyon Park 11400 S 1700 E 84092
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Conditioning Replacement In Sandy, UT
1. When should I replace my air conditioner?
There are a few signs that it may be time to replace your air conditioner, including:
- Your air conditioner is more than 10 years old.
- Your air conditioner is not cooling efficiently or effectively.
- Your energy bills have increased significantly.
- Your air conditioner is frequently breaking down.
- You have frequent refrigerant leaks.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s a good idea to have your air conditioner evaluated by a qualified HVAC technician. They can help you determine if it’s time to replace your unit.
2. What type of air conditioner should I replace my old unit with?
The best type of air conditioner to replace your old unit with will depend on a number of factors, including the size and layout of your home, your budget, and your climate. A qualified HVAC technician can help you assess your needs and recommend the best system for your situation.
3. How much does it cost to replace an air conditioner?
The cost of replacing an air conditioner will vary depending on the type of system you choose, the size of your home, and the complexity of the installation. However, you can expect to pay the best price for a new central air conditioning system.
4. What should I look for when hiring an air conditioning contractor?
When hiring an air conditioning contractor, it’s important to choose a reputable company with licensed and insured technicians. You should also get multiple estimates and compare prices before making a decision. Other things to consider include:
- The company’s experience and reputation.
- The quality of the products and services they offer.
- The warranty they offer on their work.
- The level of customer service they provide.
5. What questions should I ask a potential air conditioning contractor?
Here are some questions you should ask a potential air conditioning contractor before hiring them:
- Are you licensed and insured?
- How long have you been in business?
- What brands of air conditioners do you sell and install?
- Can you provide me with references from previous customers?
- What is your warranty on labor and parts?
- What is the estimated cost of the replacement?
You should also be sure to ask about any specific concerns you have, such as noise levels, energy efficiency, and maintenance requirements.