The quickest way to ruin a hot summer afternoon is for your HVAC system to break down and require immediate air conditioning repair! So, if you need air conditioning repair in Sandy, Utah now, North Star Heating & Air Conditioning in Sandy, Utah has you covered!
Common Problems that Require Air Conditioning Repair
As your local HVAC professional, we have seen every type of issue you can imagine. Because of this, we have plenty of experience with air conditioning repair work. Here are a few of the most common reasons customers call us:
- The air conditioning will not come on.
- The air conditioner is making weird noises or loud vibrations when it is running.
- A/c is blowing warm air.
- The system comes on, but no air comes out.
- The fan runs, but the air isn’t cooled.
- Water is dripping from or pooling around the system.
- If your heating and cooling unit needs instant service, call (801) 285-9282 for our emergency Air conditioning repair work services.
Trying to find ac repair near me? Find your local North Star Heating & Air Conditioning office and make an appointment today!
Why Is My Air Conditioning Not Working?
It’s simple to understand that your ac is not working and needs air conditioning repair. But, how can you know what has caused the issue and what you need to do about repairing it? These are the most likely offenders, and an idea of how we can fix them.
● AC won’t switch on:
This suggests that the system is not getting any power. The first thing that you need to do is inspect to make sure you have not tripped a breaker. You can reset the breaker yourself by flipping the switch. However, if the breaker trips again, you will want to call a professional for assistance and possible ac repair. If the issue is not the breaker, it could be malfunctioning wiring or an overheated ac. An overheated Air Conditioner will frequently shut itself down as a safety feature. Although it may come back on when it cools down, this is not a long-term solution.
● The air conditioner’s fan belt is worn out or ready to break:
That squealing noise you hear is likely the fan belt. Hearing this noise is an indication that it is wearing out. If the belt breaks before a repair is completed, the task will become substantially more pricey and time-consuming. Your air conditioning system will not run with a damaged belt and it will need to be repaired.
● Your system has a refrigerant leak:
If your air conditioner is making a hissing noise, then it is likely that the refrigerant is leaking. This is an ecological threat, and it will keep your system from supplying you with the coolest air possible. Our service technicians will stop the leak and charge your system so everything is back in good working order.
● You have a frozen evaporator coil:
Many things can cause a frozen evaporator coil. These include low refrigerant levels, continuous operation, and poor circulation. As a result, this will trigger your ac to blow warm air. Turn off your system and get in touch with a professional for proper diagnosis and air conditioning repair.
● The fan motor isn’t turning on:
Without the fan operating correctly, air will not circulate. In some cases, an HVAC tech can repair an A/C motor, but oftentimes a replacement is required.
● The compressor is defective:
If the system comes on and the fan runs, however, the air doesn’t feel cool, this is likely a problem with your compressor. Because the compressor is a very pricey part, you may want to check out a replacement option.
● The condensate drain has become obstructed:
The condensate drain typically becomes stopped due to a build-up of mold, dirt, or bugs. Over time this can cause water leaks and even water damage. Our experts can flush the line to clear the issue or replace it if damage has already occurred.
If you are torn between whether you need air conditioning repair or replacement, here are a couple of things to consider:
Does it provide a great ROI (Return On Investment)?
If you would like to know just how much a system can help reduce your monthly costs or you aren’t sure what the ROI would be for a brand-new system, one of our professional technicians can help you understand all of the implications of installing a new system consisting of just how much upkeep expenses and how it will impact your month-to-month utility expenses.
How old are your heating and cooling system?
An HVAC system that is more than ten years old will only be more costly to repair in the long run. Older units will need to be fixed more often to keep them running efficiently. At this age, you should really switch out your existing unit.
Preventative Maintenance and Air Conditioning Repair in Sandy, Utah
North Star Heating & Air Conditioning provides top-of-the-line tune-ups, routine upkeep, air conditioning repair, replacement, and installation of all styles. Visit us online and get an estimate or schedule service today
Areas We Serve
- White Sands
Things To Do In Sandy
- America First Field 9256 S State St 84070
- Sandy Ampitheater 1245 East 9400 South 84094
- Sandy City Museum 10000 Centennial S Pkwy 84070
- Hidden Valley Country Club 11820 Highland Dr 84092
- Rocky Mouth Trail Head 11248 Wasatch Blvd 84092
Highways Serving Sandy
- Highway 89
- Highway 175
Colleges Serving Sandy
- Keller Graduate School Of Management 9350 150 E #420, 84070
Parks In Sandy
- Dimple Dell Regional Park 10600 S 1300 E 84092
- Hidden Valley Park 2860 Wasatch Blvd 84092
- Flat Iron Mesa Park 1765 E 8600 S 84093
- Bell Canyon Park 11400 S 1700 E 84092