Tune-Ups Add Years to Your Air Conditioner’s Life
Setting up an annual air conditioning maintenance service is fundamental. There are significant benefits for your cooling unit when you get a yearly heating and cooling tune-up. Your unit will be more reliable, more efficient, and have an extended lifespan. It could even give you a cost savings of more than 30% on your energy expenses! Plus, it is needed to keep your manufacturer’s warranty valid should disaster strike and you need it. If you begin to feel like your air conditioning isn’t as cold as it used to be, it’s time to schedule a service call.
During a tune-up, one of the first things that our service technicians will do is analyze your entire system to make certain that everything is in proper working order. North Star Heating & Air Conditioning professionals will clean up and inspect the important areas of your system and check all of the system’s connections.
These are some particular items that our technicians will address at the time of an air conditioning maintenance service:
- Electrical connections: We tighten up all electrical connections so the system runs safely.
- Moving parts: We make sure there is no rubbing or friction between moving parts and include lubrication where necessary. When parts are not lubricated properly, the friction caused can damage your system and cause extreme wear and tear.
- Condensate drain line: Mold and blockages can develop in this line and that can trigger water leaks. We ensure the line is clean and draining properly.
- Condenser coil and evaporator coil: Dirt on the condenser coil or evaporator coil will limit airflow. This ultimately decreases the capability to absorb heat. During air conditioning maintenance service we clean the coils to prevent these problems.
- Coil fins: Coil fins are made from aluminum and they can end up being bent which restricts air circulation. We will correct the alignment of those so air circulates efficiently once again.
- System controls: Our service technicians will inspect all of our system controls to make sure they are working properly.
As a property owner, there are some things that you can do by yourself to help your heating and cooling system perform at its best:
- Replace the air filter: You should really change the air filter every two or three months. Doing this will keep the a/c working effectively. If you are a smoker, have animals, or someone in the home has allergies, you should really think about replacing the filter as often as every 30 days. This is a general air conditioning maintenance service you can keep up with yourself.
- Keep it clean: Do not enable leaves, dirt, and other debris to accumulate on or around your system. Make certain that you keep any neighboring shrubs or bushes trimmed. This will help to guarantee great airflow to the system.
Repair work or Replace?
When it’s time to decide on an air conditioning maintenance service for your existing system or to invest in a new one, we are here to help. If a system has needed more than two repairs to stay in good working order, it is likely time to think about a new one. Likewise, if your system is more than five years old you would benefit from an upgrade. This is because of the new innovations in technology and performance. No solution is right for everybody, so we offer you the information and let you choose.
If you have indeed made a decision that it is time to replace your old HVAC system, or you want to set up air conditioning maintenance service, check out North Star Heating & Air Conditioning online or give us a call (801) 285-9282. For top-notch air conditioning repair in Sandy, Utah, you can count on us!