If you think furnace maintenance isn’t important, you’re wrong. It’s essential to keeping your unit running efficiently for years to come. By maintaining your heater you can prevent major service issues, and decrease energy expenses, in addition to more effective airflow. If your heating unit is still under warranty, then you are required to have your heating fixed, in order to keep the warranty valid.
Don’t wait for those little heating system issues to become expensive repairs
This is why it is so crucial to stay up to date with furnace maintenance. We help provide a complete understanding of your home furnace system. This way you will recognize when something is not working correctly. One of our technicians will do a total evaluation of your heating and furnace system and determine why your heating system is not working properly. We offer you advice and numerous options to help you make the very best choice. We provide rates and perks for each repair, replacement, or upgrade before starting any work. North Star Heating and Air Conditioning in Sandy, Utah offers seasonal heating system tune-ups to keep your system in prime condition throughout the year.
Seasonal Maintenance is Essential
Before the chill of fall sets in it’s time to think about servicing your heating system. Winter season is coming, and adequate maintenance will help make sure that your furnace is up to the job of keeping you and your loved ones warm, and help you avoid costly repairs down the road when you least wish to deal with them.
Trusted Furnace Maintenance and Heating Tune-up Services
At North Star Heating and Air Conditioning, we’ve designed our furnace maintenance services and Total Comfort Tune-Up with house owners like you in mind. Find out how your local North Star technician can help keep your household warm this winter season with reliable, professional furnace service. Hoping to avoid expensive furnace problems? Routine maintenance from North Star Heating & Air Conditioning in Sandy, Utah can help. Want decreased heating expenses without giving up comfort? Regular maintenance can make your system more efficient. A regularly serviced furnace can produce a more comfortable home during cold winter seasons in Utah. And routine upkeep might help your heating unit last longer too.
No one can expect a disregarded heater to last. Nevertheless, an adequately maintained heating unit uses less energy, lasts for many years, and conserves cash by avoiding costly breakdowns. Furthermore, routine furnace maintenance ensures that your systems are running securely.
Our furnace maintenance specialists will examine every component of your system, including:
- Electrical connections
- Gas line
- Condensate drain obstructions
- Heat exchangers
- Safety controls
How Furnace Tune-Ups May Extend Your Furnace’s Life Expectancy:
A heating system that’s working properly is the key to low energy bills and avoiding unforeseen breakdowns. North Star Heating and Air Conditioning supplies full-service HVAC system examination, cleaning, repair, and maintenance services created to keep your system running smoothly year-round. We recommend arranging an annual furnace maintenance service prior to Winter. Throughout the appointment, your North Star service technician will audit your heating system for age, repair frequency, energy effectiveness, and total convenience.
These considerations include:
- Safety— Is your heater in need of any safety-based repair work?
- Age– If your heater is well over ten years old, it could be time to replace it.
- Repair frequency– Does your system require repair work? How regularly has it required repair in the past? Is a looming repair near half the expense of a brand-new system?
- Energy performance– How effective is your system? Every year, more efficient heaters come onto the market.
- Comfort– Uneven temperatures, difficulty keeping up with demand, and cold air exiting supply registers can be aggravating, and can also be indications of larger problems like high energy costs and the requirement for a major repair.
- Cost– Get a quote for the cost of the repair work and a quote for the cost of replacement, including installation charges, to make an accurate comparison.
- Inspection of all furnace elements– Checking and cleaning your heating system’s burner. Our techs will also examine your heat exchanger for damages. These cracks can lead to harmful carbon monoxide gas leaks or fires.
- Professional cleaning– Observing airflow and blower operation to guarantee your heater is running correctly.
- Adjustment of controls– Checking the gas valve. This ensures the exact fuel supply pressure is sent to the heating system, allowing it to work safely.
- A total safety check– Examining electrical-powered parts for damage or deterioration.
Have an older heating system? We can take a look at the pilot light too.
Why Seasonal Furnace Maintenance Matters
When we are in need of warm homes, we rely on heating systems to do the job. However, our heating systems can break down, seemingly on the coldest nights. This will force some homeowners to pay for pricey heating unit repairs or replacement heating units that likely could’ve been prevented with furnace maintenance. One way to prevent these issues is through regular furnace maintenance. North Star Heating and Air Conditioning have maintenance programs for each kind of heating unit. It doesn’t matter what kind of heating system you have, our team of highly trained specialists is ready to keep it in perfect shape. When you pay for routine maintenance, your systems run effectively, and significant problems can be avoided effectively. All independently owned and operated One Hour businesses have a range of service plans to fit your requirements and spending plan.
After we complete regular upkeep tasks, we perform a yearly furnace tune-up. An annual heater tune-up focuses on heater inspection, and heating system cleaning to prevent future breakdowns, and to forecast for eventual replacement.
A number of Indicators That Your Heater Needs To Be Replaced
Throughout your yearly heater upkeep and tune-up appointment, your local North Star Heating and Air Conditioning technician will help you evaluate your furnace and walk you through your options because understanding whether it’s best to repair or replace your heating system is not typically easy.
Your heating unit is an investment. The amount of cash you should commit to your system is dependent on a couple of factors.
Your Furnace Is 10-15 Years Old:
First, an old furnace, one that’s 10 to 15 years of age, would be far better to upgrade than maintain. Modern heating units are a lot more energy-efficient and could wind up recovering their cost with time through energy cost savings. If your heating system is more than 10 or 15 years old and in need of a costly repair, it might be time to consider replacing your system instead of investing more money into it. North Star Heating and Air Conditioning can compute the energy cost savings you’ll enjoy with a brand-new heating system, as upfront expenses will be partially recouped over time.
Your Furnace Is Seven Years Old:
Second, if your heating system is seven years old and the cost of repairs surpass half the cost of a replacement unit, then a replacement is more economical. Our team is ready to help you decide if you should maintain your old heating unit or replace it with a more reliable and efficient option.
$59.95 For Our Fall-Into-Winter Furnace Tune-Up.
This special tune-up is not only for the fall, but we do suggest that it be performed around that time due to the heavy quantities of pollen and allergens that will make their way into your home. This furnace tune-up consists of:
- Cycle the furnace and determine the required blower cleaning
- Clean or change the heating system filter as required
- Verify electrical limit operations
- Clean flame sensors and burners
- Measure amp draws to blower and inducer
- Inspect flue and air ducts
- Brush and check the heat exchanger
- Rate and set furnace effectiveness and measure CO emissions
- Measure and adjust gas pressure and test for gas leaks
- Adjust and calibrate your thermostat