With summertime approaching, you might be thinking of turning on your air conditioning for the first time this year. If so, you’re not alone. In fact, many individuals turn their ac system on for the first time just as warm weather hits.
However, that’s a mistake. You really should switch on your ac system just before the warm weather hits. That way you’ll know if there’s a problem with it and have time to repair it before you need it most.
By the end of spring, your ac system has been off for months. It’s not uncommon for it to encounter issues when you turn it back on once again, particularly if there are any small issues that took place when you turned it off last year.
If you find a problem just as warm weather hits, you’ll have few options for repairing it quickly. Many HVAC service technicians will only be able to fit you in at their earliest convenience. This will most likely be at least a week away due to the high demand for air conditioner service in West Jordan, UT that time of year.
That being said, if you turn your air conditioning on right now, and find a problem with it, a North Star Heating & Air Conditioning service technician will be able to fix your unit much more quickly– in many cases even within 24 hours. So why wait!
Here are Some Things to Look At Before You Turn Your AC System on for Summer
Before you call for air conditioning service in West Jordan, UT, there are some things you can do to keep your air conditioning system running at optimum efficiency. Aside from having it serviced two times a year, in spring and fall, here are some other things that you should really look for before firing up your unit:
- Change or clean your filter a minimum of every 3 months
- Clear debris and blockages from around your ac system
- Look for signs of leaks or water damage
- Check refrigerant levels
- Remove dirt and leaves from around the outside unit
- Make certain vents are clear and unobstructed
- Inspect your ductwork for leaks or damage (or ask us about our duct testing services).
- Ensure electrical connections are safe and secure.
By keeping up with these things you can really help your ac system run more efficiently. This will ultimately create a more energy energy-efficient home.
5 Things That Could Be Wrong With Your AC System
There are lots of reasons your ac system may not be operating at its best and might need ac service. Here are five of the most typical issues:.
- Your ac system is low on coolant. The ac needs a particular amount of refrigerant in order to cool the air appropriately. If your ac system isn’t cooling, it could be because there isn’t enough refrigerant in the system.
- Your condenser coils are dirty. The condenser coil is a vital part of the ac system, so it is essential that you keep it clean. Dirt and debris can prevent your unit from working efficiently.
- Your air filter is blocked. An unclean or clogged up air filter will decrease airflow and make it harder for your ac system to cool your house.
- Your fan motor is broken. The fan motor inside your outdoor system might be broken if your outdoor unit keeps running but does not blow any air through the vents inside your home.
- You have an electrical issue. Electricity has to flow freely in order for the air conditioner to work appropriately, so if something is amiss with your electrical elements, you might need to find an electrical expert to fix it before you can get back to enjoying a cool, comfortable home.
If you find you need professional ac system service in West Jordan, UT, don’t hesitate to call North Star Heating & Air Conditioning. We are readily available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get your AC up and running in no time.
In Need of Air Conditioning Service in West Jordan, Utah? Call North Star Heating & Air Conditioning
You should turn on your ac system for the exact same reason you ‘d switch on any major home appliance: because you need to make sure it works adequately before you actually are in need of it.
If everything seems to be in order, great! You can just set your thermostat where you need it and start enjoying cool indoor temps while you wait for warmer weather to arrive in full force. If there are issues, however, catching them early means you’ll have a sufficient amount of time to get them taken care of before they end up being more severe.
Preventative measures are always much better than waiting until there’s a problem to address. This is particularly true when it concerns something as important as your home’s heating & cooling system. Call North Star Heating & Air Conditioning at (801) 285-9022, and let us help you get your ac system ready for summer.