Seasonal HVAC Service Near Me
Does your AC still perform like it did when it was first installed, or are you finding yourself searching for HVAC near me more often than not? The hot summer months can put a lot of stress on your HVAC system. If you notice a puddle of water around your system, you’ll be happy to know that it may not mean you need a whole new unit. Likely, just air conditioning repair.
Let’s take a look at why you might be seeing water around your AC or HVAC unit and when it is time to call an HVAC service professional.
What Causes Water to Puddle Around an HVAC Unit
There are two main reasons that you might see water around your AC. Firstly, condensation. If temperatures outside are really hot or your thermostat is set particularly low, your HVAC has to work hard to cool your home. As a result, this will cause condensation to build up. This may leave a small pool of water near the unit. The second reason is that the AC is leaking water. This can happen for many reasons and when it does, search for local HVAC near me. A North Star Heating & Air Conditioning specialist can perform AC repairs that will fix most of these things. Typically preventing you from needing to buy a new air conditioner.
Why Is My Air Conditioner Leaking?
Your AC can be leaking for many reasons, some much more significant than others. Here are just a few of the reasons that your AC might be leaking and why you may need air conditioning repair in Lehi, Utah:
- Your HVAC air filter is dirty – Dirt trapped by the air filter can eventually build up and cause clogs and blockages. Because the air doesn’t flow as freely, the evaporator coils can freeze. This leads to excess water overflowing from the drainage pan.
- Your condensate pan is faulty – The condensation from your AC is captured, normally preventing you from seeing it outside of the unit. However, if the condensate pan is rusted away, old, or otherwise broken, the condensate will leave a puddle near your AC.
- Your drain pipe is blocked – If internal drain pipes are blocked on the inside of the machine preventing water from funneling down the drain, it may cause leaking outside of the AC. Don’t put things like this off. Contact North Star for air conditioning repair in Lehi Utah 24 hours a day.
- Your HVAC was not installed correctly – A brand-new AC may leak if it was not installed correctly. The problem may also be that the unit is not the correct size for your home.
- Your refrigerant level is low – Your AC unit will lose pressure if the refrigerant level is too low. This may cause your coils to freeze and then overflow the drain pan.
The great news here is that a knowledgeable and friendly technician from North Star Heating & Air Conditioning repair in Lehi Utah can save you a lot of money by making AC repairs instead of installing a new air conditioner.
When Is it Time to Call a Professional for Heating and Air Conditioning Repair in Lehi?
It is okay if you see a little bit of water outside the unit or a small puddle on a really hot day. If you are seeing more than just a small amount of water or if you see a puddle occurring more than every once in a while, it is time to call in a professional for help.
It is never a good idea to put off AC repairs. A leaking air conditioner can cause damage to your home and if it is allowed to keep getting worse, you may need to purchase a new HVAC unit entirely!